View Single Post
Old 20-06-2019, 11:04   #5395
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I can't work out Amazon's strategy at all, apart from they want to conquer the world. This could be their undoing. Being all things to all people never works.

They've put enough money into streaming to suggest their very serious about steaming, but nowhere near the amounts that Netflix has put in. Perhaps Amazon are betting on the fact that Hollywood will still put their content on Amazon's services into the future, but if they don't, Amazon's streamers won't survive.

Perhaps IDMB will be marketed as the free option with Prime as the pay option, but with Prime already being a muddle as you say, it gets very confusing with all these streamers (and the ones still to launch) vying for eyeballs.

Trying to push consumers into buying more stuff on Amazon's site is risky. In my opinion they should do what Netflix is doing and create tonnes of original content and flog it as cheap as they can. Instead Amazon are acting like the corner shop trying to flog you anything, including out of date stuff, but it maybe that Amazon that becomes out of date in the end.
Have to agree, I have noticed more series /films are becoming pay option. Navigation is becoming a pain.