View Single Post
Old 29-06-2021, 09:55   #1566
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
One or two people here round on me for daring to suggest that the EU (not the people) is our enemy.

Just imagine Macron: That man is so far up himself (remember his early threat - no fish, no deal?) and he has always been forward in saying there must be consequences for leaving the EU. He is out to punish the UK and no sane person who is following all of this would say otherwise.

Then there's Merkel; she plays it more cannily - but if she can slap one on the UK, sje will. After all, British tourists don't exactly flock to Germany so it doesn't hurt her by recommending a ban on UK visitors. It may hurt her EU colleagues and quite possibly the ban won't happen. But, if she can kick the UK, she will - and gets it badly wrong with the Covid jabs and the confusion se has sewn.

Next there's the VdL person. Again, no sane person, even among the Remainers on the forum, could think of her as having any goodwill to the UK unless it bows to the EU. She is the arch-enemy.

Remainer bleating that the EU is our biggest export market does not make them less of an enemy; it simply puts more cards into their hands to play against us.

The UK must now plough ahead, open up new markets, ban their fisherman after the 5 years are up, support our people in NI if the EU won't lighten up on their rules interpretation.

And when that perfidious, yes perfidious, Varadkartakes his turn as Taoiseach, and if he hasn't softened, the UK must take none of his shit and teach him a lesson where it hurts by taking as little produce from the Republic as possible.

They are, at least for now, the enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Nor am I. It suits Hugh to describe my emphatic truths as "ranting and raving" just so that he can be contrary.
I am sure that in the members bar of the Sir Bufton Tufton Memorial Society* (Winnersh Triangle Branch, Honorary Life President Sir John Deadwood) this sort of diatribe is seen as normal everyday conversation, but in the real world, not so much…

*club motto - "it was better in the old days, when Johnny Foreigner knew his place… "
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote