View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 14:34   #1224
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
and his successor (whoever you want that to be) will do better because . . . ?
That's a fair call.

If you changed some of the key players be it the Prime Minister or the Chief Negotiator then you could probably get the EU to extend the deadline by a few months. But you would still be left with the same three remaining choices. On the other hand, you may have more leeway with the British public as a new PM. You could blame the current situation on your predecessor and state you had a difficult to choice to make and go for option 2 or 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
It is unpatriotic in so far as you use it to guide "how best to approach negotiations".

You appear to want us to subscribe to EU agriculture Law and the ECJ. (Bad enough that the NI Protocol binds us to the ECJ). Brexit is about sovereignty not subservience.

On your final point, we seem to have done OK with something far worse than Brexit: the Pandemic. We'll survive and thrive by facing the EU down.

Btw, Irish pork sausages are delicious - pity about the perfidious politicians, still stuck in 1916.

As jonbxx has explained, understanding your negotiating party's position is not unpatriotic it's common sense. Doesn't mean you have to agree with their position.

By typing out the four options doesn't mean I am suggesting one of them above the others. As someone who seemed genuinely upset about the situation that the UK is in, I was trying to understand which route you wished us to take. I understand it to be:
Quote:
4) We break an international treaty and carry on supplying NI with chilled meat products, etc past the deadline of 30th June.
I'm not a great sausage person I'm afraid. Too much experience of gristle and bones as a child.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 10-06-2021 at 14:39.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote