View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 12:58   #1219
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The difference between you and me is that I am a Leaver who is no Johnson fan and deplore the mess he's created. You are a Remainer whom I perceive is lapping up Johnson's difficulties as in "I told you so".

So, we should not give in and we should put peace in priority by not giving way to the EU's intransigence - notwithstanding the trap agreement that Boris signed. Peace there depends on friction free trade between NI and GB and signing up to EU rules and EU law is not what the UK needs.
It's not about which box we ticked in 2016, it's about how we solve the current situation which we should try and face objectively.

It sounds like you are in fact suggesting Option 4. We have signed an agreement with the EU and we can't travel back in time and unsign it.
Quote:
We break an international treaty and carry on supplying NI with chilled meat products, etc past the deadline of 30th June.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 10-06-2021 at 13:03.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote