Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 10:38   #1281
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

4K worst possible case if nothing was done - things were done...

If you jumped off a cliff head first, worst possible case is that your brains(?) would decorate the beach - if you decide not to jump, no decoration takes place.

Not hard to understand.

He said
Quote:
I think I positioned that as a scenario from a couple of weeks ago, based on an assumption to try and get a new reasonable worst-case scenario. And if that didn't come across then I regret that.

Defending the dossier, he added: 'Those figures were ones done by major academic groups based on those assumptions and, in the spirit of trying to make sure that things are shared and open, they are the things that we have seen [in the data so far], and it's important and I think people see that.'

Professor Whitty conceded that the 4,000 daily deaths prediction was unlikely to come true because the modelling was a worst-case scenario based on a situation where no extra measures were brought in
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 01-12-2020 at 10:42.