View Single Post
Old 24-11-2021, 22:50   #32
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Has the 'Peppa Pig' Prime Minister lost the plot or is this just a hiccup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think Gove is underrated as a candidate. He seems pretty level headed and competent so he may provide a good contrast to Johnson. I think there are a few candidates that styled themselves as the Tory warriors in a culture war and that doesn't lend itself well to the position of PM.

Sunak is the one people keep mentioning but that's because he was paying loads of people's wages for nearly two years. His popularity will decline as that becomes history and tax raises are met with the infrastructure cuts his Government are pushing at the same time. The tax rise has already made it a bit more difficult for him amongst the Tory base.
Gove is an intellectual and political heavyweight. But I fear he's been too involved in Brexit so would be less credible when setting out an agenda to solve its problems.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote