View Single Post
Old 24-11-2021, 09:55   #638
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: US President Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The Republicans are still the Trump party. If he decides to run, he will easily defeat any other candidate the republicans put forward. They would have to back him, as if they split the Republican vote they both lose.
Well, they wouldn't run as an Independent. What I mean is what remains of the Republican establishment, such as Mitch McConnell, rally their resources and endorsements around one singular candidate to take Trump on in the Primaries.

It's a slim chance but if they had one candidate it's the best chance they have, working on the argument Trump lost once and is a risk when they have a clear shot at the White House. They might be able to do it if another 'Trumpian' candidate runs in the Primary as well and manages to peel off some of his vote.

This is all assuming he runs again. I don't think he liked the job of President even if he liked the kudos of being President. He spent a lot of time away from the White House, by most accounts didn't like meetings and only really campaigned in earnest towards the end of the campaign when I think it dawned on him he might lose.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote