View Single Post
Old 23-11-2021, 21:45   #589
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Of course it doesnt, it proves nothing at all.
Usenet requires you to take precautions as well.
... and you think you are safe using illegal streaming sites, well good luck to you.

(Its estimated that 70%+ of pirating is illegal streaming, while about 10% is torrents, so you take a guess which they focus on )
why are you winking at me? I explained my point. Usenet is a lot safer than Torrents for the reasons I outlined and they are correct whether you wink or not. With Usenet you just download no distribution and even if you did it is all server based so no IP to trace. I do not stream I have used Usenet for nearly 20 years. The only care you need with Usenet is an Antivirus which you need with Torrents

and this bit just goes on to prove it even more. You did not even mention Usenet on your stats

(Its estimated that 70%+ of pirating is illegal streaming, while about 10% is torrents, so you take a guess which they focus on )

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Spot on but sadly some people never learn until it's too late.
Up until last year I was particularly active in the streaming community and had a lot to do with a lot of the Devs. The only streamers I have ever known to get taken to court are pubs showing Sky Sports. A lot of the Devs got warning letters only TVA and a couple of others got taken to court. Kim Dot Com is likely the biggest of the sharers you would have heard of (mega). I know also of a fair few IPTV big sellers who got taken to court also.

As far as I am aware no home streamer has been taken to court, I could be wrong but not heard of any. In the US there have been quite a number of big cases where Torrent sharers have been hit with massive compensation claims

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

just to add I have never heard of anyone using Usenet being taken to court and only a few indexers have been shut down by ACE

Last edited by Jaymoss; 23-11-2021 at 21:37.
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote