View Single Post
Old 16-11-2021, 05:18   #5
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Modern VM, have they improved congestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Ok thank you for the information ash45 that is good news.

Interestingly events have changed, and cityfibre are planning works on my street in 10 days time, so my VM plans are on hold as I would prefer FTTP.

However it remains an option if for whatever reason FTTP doesnt become available for me.

I am currently on 80/20 VDSL now syncing at 72mbit interleaved, and with the 100 gig games been released now it does feel dated, also I upload a lot more content than I used to as well.
yea TBF i dont blame you, ive been a happy VM customer from the blueyonder days, I've always seemed to be very lucky in living in an are that hasn't suffered from massive congestion, and currently i do live in a VM FTTP area (RFoG) but at least for thethe next fre years this will remain as is running n docsis with the pants upload speeds lol, but even after being a cable customer from 1995 and being very happy with it (well mum was i took over it when i became 18), if CF or the likes rolled out anytime soon and offered their symmetric packages id jump quicker i could blink.

i cant moan at the download speed but the upload really does need work.

ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote