View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 20:09   #3
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: New BBC Red Button Bridge Inferface

Tried "Restart" during Reporting Scotland on BBC1 Scotland and it played This Is BBC Scotland from the BBC Scotland channel instead.

The Featured area is flexible in the number of Featured items. I tried just now and it had a 4th Tile for a Live event in position 1 (Wheelchair rugby if you were wondering).

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

The Live Restart isn't working correctly, here at least. I just tried it again during The One Show and it did so for the show currently on BBC Scotland channel rather than BBC1 Scotland again.

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Oddly I just got this when I tried to resume a show in BBC Sounds.

BBC Connected Bridge - BBC One Scot HD is currently unavailable. (A01) Please reboot and try again in a few minutes.

Blah..blah.. Error Code (A01).

What this has to do with the new bridge, as I was already in the app as this point, isn't obvious.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

It didn't say Blah Blah, I just couldn't be bothered typing the lengthy padding in the middle of the message.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

I tried again without rebooting, tried a live stream in BBC Sounds instead and...it stalled the box.

I got the impression it was having an internet connection problem both times, but the box had a working connection up to that point and my net is working elsewhere.

Looks like something about accessing via the bridge is messing something up. I may try later, but not now as I have multiple things recording. I've already missed the start of one recording (edit: make that 3!) as I had to switch it off at the wall.

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

I risked going to the BBC Sounds app directly from the Apps & Games menu, thereby bypassing the new bridge, upon the box booting up and tried the same live stream and it's been working fine.

I just now tried to access it again via the new bridge...and it still doesn't work. It acted like it was, then played no sound. Eventually it went straight back to the live TV channel that was on behind the app.

Something about the new bridge layer needs fixed. Going directly in via Apps & Games again it didn't work and crashed the box, and it rebooted itself this time.

I didn't have an issue with iPlayer playing content earlier via the new bridge, so it's just BBC Sounds it has problems with.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 10-11-2021 at 20:13.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote