View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 12:21   #5949
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Popular doesn't equal profit, or a business model Old Boy. I thought you'd have known that by now.

Far from me having the mental block it is you. People continue to watch live TV (and adverts) despite having the technology at their fingertips to never have to do such a thing ever again.

If it isn't important to see things "live" or "near live" they could save up entire series and binge watch at their leisure. On demand, an excellent example of where viewers can presently deviate from linear, further increases the flexibility around this.

Yet people continue to watch live TV as part of the mix. I ask again, what makes streaming so special as a delivery model to achieve what PVRs and On Demand cannot?