View Single Post
Old 21-11-2016, 12:53   #58
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
.... I think in that Reuters article, Fries gave a very strong hint that he intends to buy a UK broadcaster. Perhaps ITV, which Liberty already own a bit of, or perhaps he might go for Ch4, if and when the government puts it up for sale.

On the main issue covered in the articles about a Liberty/Vodafone tie-up, I think it's less likely now. I think Malone was keen on the idea as long as he got his way and the merged entity was leveraged to the hilt and paid -1000% tax. But the first article hints that Vodafone are still keen on a deal, so perhaps it may be them that stalk Malone, not the other way around.
Always the possibility that Malone could undertake a break-up bid for ITV with the assets split between LGI, Discovery and Starz-Lionsgate.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote