Thread: General New price rises 2021!
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 23:20   #20
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold
Re: New price rises 2021!

Well I only agreed a new 18 month contract on the 24th December with a couple of agreed changes with uplifts to TV and BB options. Now will a price rise apply for a brand new contract still in its initial 30 days? If yes then I will be ringing up and removing those uplifts!

However one of those uplifts I did was for BB from 100 to 200MB as have had speed performance issues where I am so may negotiate that one still. If after upgraded to 200MB, doing speed tests on VMs own site (which uses Speedtest anyway) only came up with 127-141MB download anyway (and that was with a direct ethernet connection to my SH3 so no Homeplug or WiFi slow down) so still well off the 200MB purchased.

The other uplift I did was on TV as my old package (Fun TV) was no longer available I was told. Not so bothered about this uplift and will pull back if required to save cost if a price increase does apply for my new contract. It was a bit of a strange offer in that I was happy too have the nearest to what was Fun TV with the channels that offered and was changed to Mix TV, but then discovered that meant I would not get one channel I do watch (National Geographic) so rang back to say this wasn't stated and was then changed to Maxit TV to get that channel back and at no extra cost. Now what i was told was there was no other option above Mix TV despite being other options on the VM site like Full House. So not sure what was gong on there and even wondered if the agent was a bit "too merry" as this was Christmas Eve I called! But was happy to accept as wasn't costing me anything, but if it does now with this price increase then that is a different matter! I only wanted 1 extra channel from the Mix TV I was offered, so if it will cost me lots, its not that important in the end and will go back to Mix TV or whatever they can offer me as a pull back.

By the way, one thing I've always wanted to know is whether VM have ever offered TV only so for any Internet connection allowing the customer to use another provider? Its not an option on the web site but are they prepared to agree to that as a direct customer contract if called up? If it was possible it would be an option I would consider but is it some thing VM would very consider or a "no go" option as far as they are concerned. My logic is that if directly connecting a Tovo V6 box to your BB router does it matter which BB driver you are using?
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote