View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 12:46   #5239
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
So the current actors in the pay-tv market do operate on a global level, thanks for clarifying this key point. They can (and do) benefit from economies of scale.

In your opinion SVOD services will lose subscribers, but that’s yet to be proven and where would they go for this high quality interesting content that you tell us is only available on SVOD?

I see you’ve inserted the word “intrusive” into your argument that was not present before indicating that you now agree advertising is inevitable to some degree?
You have a knack for reading into my posts stuff that isn't there. No, I don't think the advertising on streaming services is inevitable. I do, however, think it is likely that most of them will offer a free or reduced cost alternative with ads. That seems to be the sensible way to go.

I stand by what I said about our main players traditionally having a more national rather than international outlook, but of course that has now started to change with the overwhelming competition they are facing from the global players.