View Single Post
Old 23-04-2019, 17:52   #5172
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
More to the question why would you leave the box on if your not using it ? I agree with SnoopZ our box always goes into standby when we are not watching.
The wording SnoopZ used earlier in the discussion thread gave the impression they switched the box off at the wall rather than leaving it in standby. I think several of us understood it as that and so responded accordingly.

When someone says they switch something off I assume they don't mean standby, as that isn't off, it needs power to run the systems to respond to the remote.

V6s don't have an off button, except for the wall plug.

I agree you shouldn't leave things on if you aren't using them. If you forget most TVs and set-top boxes will separately switch themselves into standby if you l leave them for a set period (it's often 4 hours without input).