View Single Post
Old 23-04-2019, 14:38   #5164
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I can see two reasons, one for each side, why Netflix would be quicker on both.

Firstly, I have a low-end model Smart TV from between 1 and 2 years old. The remote that came with said TV has a dedicated Netflix button. So, in theory, I'd imagine that would be the quickest method.

However. 99% of the time the only remote that gets used is the V6/Tivo remote. I use the physical button on the TV to switch it on, and off when I'm finished, and the V6 remote is all I need the rest of the time. The remote that came bundled with the TV only gets used when I need to switch video sources for gaming or a DVD. So if I wanted to use the TV's Netflix app I'd have to stand up, walk across the room, pick it up, return to me seat, and that takes time.

Ever since I got Pay TV the bundled remote controls just sit there unused. Even most of the Freeview/Freesat screens in the house use remotes other than the TV-bundled remote.

I put the main TV on roughly the same time as I bring the V6 out of standby. The time the V6 takes to get out of standby is minimal. So for me I don't see why the V6 would be off and that time doesn't get factored into the equation for me.

Everyone's set-up is different though.
You maybe able to setup the V6 to turn your TV on and off and change sources.

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, if you leave it powered on, it will be easily accessible. I don't think the money spent in powering the V6 is going to make a noticeable difference to my power bill, to be honest.

Anyway, each to his own I suppose.
Not as quick as from my TV and i would rather the estimated £30 saving from leaving it off stays in my bank account.