View Single Post
Old 25-02-2019, 05:27   #23
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Oscar Nominations 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well l have to say l never expected "The Green Book" to win best picture.[/url]
me neither, I was fully expecting Roma to get it. This year has been very interesting because I think it is the best I have ever done with regards to my expectations. Normally there is a stark contrast between the films I think should win/I want to win and those that actually win. I haven't added it up but I think I was right half the time and it is a great feeling to see people who you are rooting for to be acknowledged.

The thing which stuck out like a sore thumb for me this year is the shift in presenters. Even though they ditched the popular film category you can tell they are looking for opportunities to engage which a more mainstream audience. There were many MCU actors presenting awards and it was great to see Brie Larson and Samuel L Jackson up there. It will be great this time next year if we can sit here and talking about Endgame or Star Wars winning the majority of awards.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote