View Single Post
Old 20-04-2009, 11:00   #62
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

Just been for a few days in Anglesey so thought I'd sit on the sand-dunes watching a hawk or two tking off..

Lo and behold sat on the closest taxi-way (near the fire training aircraft) was a typhoon being worked on (we think he'd come in about an hour earlier with some sort of issue he wanted checking out before continuing on his way...

Anyway after about 30 minutes they started him up, gave him the thumbs up and he taxied to the far end of the runway, throttled up and lifted cleanly off, all of a sudden exactly in line with where we where sitting on the dunes he just went from 50ft, put his plane vertical and climbed right above us into the clouds...an amazing sight and not NOP for a take-off from valley (I used to be based there many years ago| The only thing I can think of is that he was watching us sat there and thought he'd put on a small display

Do have a pic on the mobile of him on the tarmac will try to post it up later
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote