Thread: General Local TV
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2021, 22:33   #109
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Local TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I still can't believe that BBC 1 HD doesn't have local news, just a stupid hold screen.

I mean FFS this is the 21st century
The Nations have it (and have done for ages), just not the English Regions.

The BBC said earlier this year the BBC1 English Regions will be HD by the end of 2022.

The potentially better news is that just the other day the BBC's own TV schedule page suggested the English HD Regions will start on 21st October THIS year.

The chances are that the rough later time period in 2022 is for Freeview, where it's more complicated to implement, the imminent October date is plausible for other platforms.

When ITV made most of its regions HD recently on Satellite/Cable it came about rather quickly once they got going, so it's entirely possible the new BBC-Sky deal announced yesterday (or was it the day before? I forget) included satellite carriage on Sky's transponders to necessitate launching the English HD regions. This is likely what ITV did in their recent Sky deal to manage it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Your suprise me still no local news on BBC 1hd seems to have been on BBC 1 Wales hd for ever . Can't believe Wales are ahead of England
It feels like aeons for the Scottish version.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote