View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 15:04   #14526
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Background - last July I replaced my 13 reg Ford Focus 1.0L Ecotec Titanium Estate with a Skoda Kodiaq, and gave the Focus to my son (made his life easier, and he was a named driver on it).

Since then, he has moved to Oxfordshire with his partner, and they bought a narrowboat, and having the car has been useful - two weeks ago, it packed up on him completely, and when a local garage looked at it, they said the heating matrix was shot, and the engine was completely borked (cracked valve and warped something or other). They said a replacement engine (if new) was over £7k, and the heating matrix another £1k, plus around £2k of labour - the car is only worth £5-6k, so seemed like a write-off.

I rang the garage we bought it from, and asked for some advice - they recommended take it to a local Ford Service Dealer (in Oxon, obvs.), and if we paid £100, the Service Dealer would give it a proper review.

My lad got it taken in last week, and it's now back on the road at no cost to him (except for £170 for a new clutch, which they recommended fitting, as it was 80% worn, but there would be no labour costs, as they removed the engine, etc. to replace it), and didn't charge the £100, either.

Because we had always had it serviced at a Ford Service Centre (mainly because they gave us free annual breakdown cover, picked up/dropped off the car, and gave us a courtesy car), and there was a history of this fault in other Focus', they did the £10k job free of charge.

Result!!!

That is great! Cars can be very costly indeed when they start to go wrong so this is like having a fresh new car again.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote