View Single Post
Old 31-08-2004, 08:11   #5
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
Re: Does anyone know any good recruitment agencies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencreeper
No. I hate them all. It's all smiles and niceness but they do naff all for you.

[edit] Try here http://www.rec.uk.com/rec/details-of-members/index.aspx It's their "professional" body

indeedy - my experience of them is that they take your CV and extract information from it such as your employer's address and former employer's addresses and then mail shot them touting for business. never include address details for your employers and never include contact names.

e.g. if you're a visual basic programmer they will mail shot your current employer offering some visual basic programmers - and if you're unlucky they might even include your CV in the mail shot!

my other experience of recruitment companies is that they advertise jobs that dont exist - ie. they advertise for a VB programmer in say Manchester City centre but what they are really after is your CV so they can find companies that might be looking for VB programmers.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote