View Single Post
Old 26-09-2008, 01:37   #5
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Will Credit Agencies See My Change of Name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-Set View Post
^^^^ quick replies thanks

Russ...so say other credit companies or for example mobile companies, when they do a search on me when applying for credit, will they see my existing bank account in my old name when i first opened the account...or my bank account in my new name.

if they see my old name with my bank account...can i ask Barclays to close the account under my old name when i first opened it...then allow me to open up a new account fresh with my new name just to put my mind at rest?

Ive just registered on the annual canvass thingy should be up and running by December...also after it has been updated how long will it then take agency's to see that i am on the register?
When they do a credit search they'll see you have a bank account in your current (new) name, but that you had a major detail of it (ie your name) changed.

Get copies of your document (I hope you did a signed declaration which costs £5 and not an actual deed poll which costs upward of £30???) to everyone you can think of, your bank, Tax Office, DSS, DLVA (if applicable) because if you do miss someone out, credit reference agencies get narky and think you're up to something and will refuse you.

Once the electoral roll has been updated, it usually shows up with the credif people in around 30 days.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote