Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2021, 12:37   #3073
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

My point by “the only show in town” is we don’t have sufficient vaccine orders for any other vaccine to have a widespread vaccination programme with any other.

At no point am I suggesting it’s unsafe however there’s a clear “emergency use” rationale for us to approve it while others with a more diverse set of orders do not.

I’d certainly be reluctant to claim victory in this race so early when the real world performance with 12 week gaps, and against mutant strains, is untested (I accept this is true of all vaccines).

While it may be possible to drive up, based on a subset of results, the Ox/At vaccine to 90% that’s not the basis on which we are delivering it now.

Emergency use can be issued where a regulator is satisfied it will have an effect better than doing nothing. Not necessarily that it’ll achieve herd immunity or equally perform to other products in the marketplace that you can’t buy anyway.