View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 16:42   #55
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Can I pause my skysports package while there is no live football on ?

Here am I about to agree with Old Boy here.

Back in the day Setanta joined XL TV and it was widely thought something in the region of around £2.50 per XL TV (equivalent) went towards it. The logic to Setanta at the time being Virgin subscribers are less likely than Sky subscribers to buy it standalone at £12.99 or whatever it was.

There’s never been a “one off” increase as a result of changing to ESPN then BT included, it’s simply been absorbed into the overall price. The point that japitts raises is a good one above - if a few hundred thousand subscribers who do watch BT and have Ultimate Oomph coughing up £100+ a month moved to Sky suddenly the fixed costs (network upgrades and maintenance, interest payments, etc.) are having to be met by a smaller subscriber base and a sizeable amount of income removed.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote