View Single Post
Old 20-05-2019, 12:45   #9134
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You simply have no ideal what Amazon's business model is based upon apart from that is very clearly based on the business numbers adding up and they do not add up for the Premier League TV rights as they never have and never will.

Amazon's outlays on big sporting rights have always been based on purchasing American sports rights as America's potential captive audience is far vaster then ours.
We'll see, Den, we'll see. I know that nothing will shake you from that view until it happens. I would just like you to contemplate that Amazon's resources are far greater than Sky's so if Sky was able to go for the Premiership rights, so could Amazon. If they have the will to do it, whatever their justification, they will just do it and they will outbid Sky.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

I remember you predicting that Netflix when it launched in the UK would obliterate Sky for the rights to the movie studios. How did that go ?

The Sports leagues are more likely to dip their toes in the water with OTT direct to consumer in territories they have smaller financial returns to see the viability before looking to launch elsewhere.
It's too early to say, given the Sky currently holds the rights to most of the film studios. The crunch will come at the end of those contracts.

In the meantime, though, something has changed. Some of the film studios are now contemplating a direct to customer approach. The launch of Disney + later this year is an example of this (already happening with the launch later this year of Disney +).

So I do believe that I am being proved right on the films moving away from Sky and onto streaming, but they will not necessarily go to Netflix.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote