View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 23:50   #147
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' say they felt 'victimised'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
If people were prevented from following a particular religion, I would be up there protesting. Whilst that belief for some may be indoctrinated from birth and sincerely held, as an adult, there is always the choice to act as your humanity dictates rather than as a book dictates.
Again ... missing the point by a country mile. Humanity dictates vs. Book dictates is trite, and not a choice anyone with a deeply held, sincere faith would recognise. I don’t know whether you were brought up without a faith or whether you’ve rejected one somewhere along the way, but your understanding of faith appears to be based on casually-held parodies. If that’s the case it’s unsurprising that this judgment has surprised you - our law and our most senior judges still have a more rounded and dare I say mature understanding of how faith works in individuals and communities, hence the result the Ashers won this week (which, IMO, was never in doubt once the case reached the Supreme Court - the law simply doesn’t legislate against moral objections to political causes, no matter how worthy you think those causes are).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote