View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 17:27   #137
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' say they felt 'victimised'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Or, put another way, the seller offers to provide a service, such as making cakes to order, which the customer accepts.
[SEPH]: Yes - that's true. Either party can make an offer for the other to accept. That's contract law as I'm sure you know. In this case, the customer had a specific requirement - lettering on the cake; this was not on offer from the seller so the offer to buy came from the customer and the seller refused to sell.

If a supermarket offers goods for sale at a reduced price by mistake, it is bound to sell it to the customer for the advertised price nonetheless. [SEPH]: That is wrong. When the customer turns up at the till, and the correct price shows up, the item is still the property of the supermarket and the customer has the option of buying at the correct price. I'm surprised that you didn't know that.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote