Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2021, 21:59   #2839
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I don't think I have ever seen the notion put forward that the vaccine gives anyone "immunity." The aim is that the antibodies it creates enable our immune systems to react to the virus a lot quicker thus staving off the worse effects of the covid-19 infection. If it did make us all immune then we would, in theory, be able to wipe out the virus which is not something has ever been on the table.

I would, though, love it is someone could give me a link to show that immunity via a vaccination for covid is possibly. It would certainly take away all my fears considering my immune system problems.
Depends how you define "immunity". The aim of a vaccine is that if the person gets the virus, their immune system can respond a lot quicker than a first time infection, and therefore before the person reaches the stage of being infectious to others. The fewer people able to reach the infectious stage, the fewer people they can pass it on to.