View Single Post
Old 16-09-2019, 18:35   #24
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It's evident no new arrangements have been offered regarding the N.I. Border. Boris is wanting the EU to capitulate.

You say Boris is a chicken, but he is certainly playing chicken.

He obviously thinks he has some way to circumnavigate the Benn Bill, no doubt that is what he went to the EU with, and no new deal.
Actually, they have been making various proposals and scoping the problem, although whether the EU will accept any of it is anyone's guess.

I keep thinking to myself that if the EU wants to protect its own industries, why would it not want a deal?

The backstop is a false reason to give for not accepting the alternative arrangements we are putting forward, because if there is no deal, there is no backstop anyway!

I still say that the obvious answer is to invoke Article 24 of GATT. We could all get on with leaving and talking about the trade deal we want then.