View Single Post
Old 22-03-2013, 10:47   #3505
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
So, what you're saying is that there is regular upstream activity on your system much of the time. Is it not so that if you suspended that activity, the hump would be less pronounced? It's your contribution to the hump that I'm trying to get at. From where I'm sat (miles away), I couldn't say that what you're experiencing isn't influenced by what your system is doing. That's the challenge of diagnosis by forum!

Any change in upstream/downstream channel numbers when the hump started?
I will check channel numbers before and after this evening, and then let you know.

I understand what you are saying about my regular up load arrangements. However, these uploads are usually triggered by relatively small changes in small files on monitored drives. eg working Word or Excel files.They tend to be very brief upload sessions. Larger prolonged uploads only take place when I manually submit large video files or numerous music files to the Livedrive cloud. This I have not done for a week or so.

I also understand that my usage impinges on the over all profile of the TBB graph and that this applies whether or not there is a bump. My current upload / download patterns have applied for years now. I deliberately avoid evenings for P2P activity, such as torrents. The only thing that has changed is the evening bump. A few days ago it wasn't there, but now it is. My usage behaviour has not changed during that time. I may contribute minutely to the size of the bump, but I am not causing it, as I didn't with the virtually nationwide mid-evening bump of late 2012.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote