View Single Post
Old 30-10-2019, 09:04   #1800
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Were any of these commitments?

We are getting ready to come out on October the 31st...Do or die, come what may” (25 June, TalkRadio interview)

“Kick the can again and we kick the bucket, my friends, that's the sad reality" (27 June, Tory leadership hustings)

“We are going to fulfil the repeated promises of Parliament to the people and come out of the EU on October 31, no ifs or buts” (25 July, first speech as Prime Minister)

“There are no circumstances in which I will ask Brussels to delay. We are leaving on 31 October, no ifs or buts” (2 September, speaking in Downing Street)

“I am confident of getting a deal. We will leave on 31 October in all circumstances. There will be no further pointless delay.” (3 September, speech in Commons)

"I will not negotiate a delay with the EU and neither does the law compel me to do so” (19 October, speech in Commons)
I'm afraid they all are. An inconvenient truth that the Brexit Party will doubtless shine a light on.