View Single Post
Old 28-10-2019, 21:54   #2429
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It’s incorrect to claim the circumstances are the same now as the 1960s. The whole case is premised upon changes to Housing Benefit.

I’m not familiar with the second case but if the European Court of Human Rights have made a ruling as a lay person I’m not inclined to disagree with them in the absence of any evidence or facts at my disposal.
The 2nd case is also in the Mirror article.

The principle of excess bedrooms existed BEFORE 2013, and BEFORE 2010. If the house had been in the private rented sector, they still wouldn't have received the 3 bedroom rate, only the 2 bedroom. That would've have been the case in the 2000s, 1990s, 1980s, 1970s etc. It was NOT a case of something that was allowed in the private rented sector, was suddenly not allowed in the social sector. Prior to 2010, an extra bedroom wouldn't be allowed for a carer or medical equipment. Now it might be, depending on individual circumstances. That happened from 1st April 2011. Those evil Tories have actually relaxed the previous rules. If Labour had still been in power, the rules wouldn't have been relaxed. So which side is evil?

Last edited by nomadking; 28-10-2019 at 22:09.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote