View Single Post
Old 13-10-2019, 02:07   #2393
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have not had to use the system, so I am not really in a position to comment on its effectiveness. I certainly do believe that it is the charlatans who are out to defraud that system who are responsible for the rigidity of the application of the legislation.

Although some may highlight the problems that certain individuals have experienced, there is much more of a story than immediately meets the eye in many of these cases. It our right, an absolutely right, to require that the claims made to justify benefits are properly scrutinised. After all, these people are benefiting from the taxes of hard working families, and it is not surprising that they resent subsidising the layabouts and fraudsters who are seeking to take advantage.

I want the authorities to come down very hard on them whilst protecting those whose claims are justified. I am more than a little disturbed by some of the reports I am picking up of claimants who are put through unreasonable medical examinations or other justifications to prove what should be obvious. That is where we should be looking to improve the system.

It is unfortunate indeed that there are people out there, more than many realise, who are quite happy to behave in this fraudelent way, thus ensuring that those who are genuinely in need are required to jump through hoops to justify their eligibility.
I believe the rigidness isn't down to fraud but just cost cutting. The actual fraud rate for sickness benefits are really low. It is now down to evidence and the medical which can't be easy to defraud.

I have to agree with jfman, you seem to bare a grudge when it comes to benefits just because you don't need it. I'm sure all your opinions would change if you did need it at some point.