View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 11:54   #6027
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
That the all mighty Amazon with billions at their disposal didn’t make a single meaningful bid despite the value of the rights dropping last time round.

You seem to ignore the point of the rights auction. If Sky/BT can do it anyone can appears to be your attitude. There comes a point where someone thinks they can and everyone else thinks it’s not worth the risk - the winning bid. The Sky/BT bids last time.

That’s the cold, hard, reality Old Boy.
The cold, hard reality is that Amazon is testing the waters. They will want to know if they can introduce a streaming service that is as good or better than conventional broadcasting. They will want to see how many actually watch the matches they have acquired over the Christmas period. I do believe they are serious about this. Only this week, they have introduced a new series 'Back of the Net' that each week will look back at the last weekend's Premiership action, hosted by Peter Crouch. Also on Amazon is a six-part series 'Take Us Home, Leeds United' and another weekly series called 'Inside Borussia Dortmund' which goes behind the scenes of the top German football club during Bundesliga's 2018-19 season. Why the sudden interest in football documentaries, I wonder? Answers on a postcard please....

As for your 'anyone can do it' jibe, it is pretty obvious that any company wanting to bid for the Premiership rights needs big trouser pockets. Amazon's are way bigger the Sky's and BT's, so I really don't understand this mental block of yours which compels you to continue denying that this could happen. It could, and I think that is obvious to most people. There is no barrier to prevent it, apart from your own dark imagination.

Let's agree to disagree. I can't bear to keep going over these same old arguments. I am never going to convince you, and you are certainly not going to convince me. Only a few short years before we see the truth of the matter.