View Single Post
Old 15-11-2018, 12:17   #406
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I wouldn’t, because it’s an unmanageable scenario - people with Tourette’s can’t control if/when they may utter obscenities, on-line gaming is millisecond critical, so delays cannot be introduced without ruining the game, so the only option is to allow people with Tourette’s to play without microphones, so as not to allow the possibility of children hearing obscenities.

Remember, it’s all about reasonable accommodations in order to avoid a disabled person being placed at a “substantial disadvantage” compared with non-disabled people when accessing these services and facilities, not blanket responses, and the Game Server providers have a duty of care to the children.

It is about what is practical in the service provider’s situation and they will not be required to make adjustments that are not reasonable because they are unaffordable or impractical.
There are a number of ways that this could be managed, the option put forward by yourself seems perfectly reasonable.

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I'm guilty of beating about the bush so let me direct.

I consider you ignorant and arrogant for deciding that I need ANY kind of protection. Rather than looking at people as individuals you're deciding people need protecting because of them being in a 'group'.

Seriously, get down off your high horse. Don't go declaring problems where there aren't any.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Not rationally it hasn't.
There are numerous problems on the internet for disadvantaged and vulnerable people which need addressing. For example, children are groomed by paedophiles, more and more people are being scammed, people with fragile mental health are being encouraged to take their own lives or bullied into it etc etc.

If you don't believe that your disabilities put you at a disadvantage or make you more vulnerable than others in the same position, it's your right to do so. However, your diagnosed disabilities will affect you.

I do agree that disabled people are individuals and should be treated as such, in fact the legislation currently in place does take this into account. There is no one size fits all solution.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 15-11-2018 at 12:33.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote