View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 11:54   #36
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Cold call with a threatening tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
You will be wasting their time, there is no crime to report here. Given that she works in / is in a legal profession she should not be giving you incorrect / inaccurate (bad) advice like that.

There is no good reason that you should be pestering the police with this, at all.
I said I spoke to my son about this who said that if Hom3r feels at all threatened then he was actually given the right legal advice but saying that he also said that the police will more than likely do nothing other than maybe give the advice to block this number. Now please note (if Hom3r feels at all threatened then he was actually given the right legal advice) the main wording here is feels at all threatened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
The thing is, are you saying that he still felt threatened even once he knew that this was just a nuisance call? I was simply replying to you stating "Given that she works in / is in a legal profession she should not be giving you incorrect / inaccurate (bad) advice like that".

If the whole thing has been explained, detailed etc, and the person knows that it is nothing more than a nuisance call then surely reporting it as a threat, contradicts all that?
You nor I know for a fact how Hom3r feels and once again if he at all feels threatened then he has every right to go to the police.

As previously stated
Quote:
I spoke to my son about this who said that if Hom3r feels at all threatened then he was actually given the right legal advice but saying that he also said that the police will more than likely do nothing other than maybe give the advice to block this number.
FYI Chloé I would not usually reply but you seem to think I was saying to report the call when really if you read the post I was simply stating that if at all Hom3r was feeling threatened then the advice his sister gave him was the correct advice! Never once did I say report the call and for one final time this is what I said
Quote:
I spoke to my son about this who said that if Hom3r feels at all threatened then he was actually given the right legal advice but saying that he also said that the police will more than likely do nothing other than maybe give the advice to block this number.
Now I really do hope that you now finally realise that I was referring to if Hom3r felt at all threatened then he was actually given the right legal advice.

Maybe it's a legal thing to advice someone who feels threatened to report it to the police, I know if I felt threatened then that's where I would go, maybe Hom3rs sister is wrong in this advice, maybe my son is wrong with agreeing with this advice, maybe I'm wrong also and your right Chloé

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Chloé I totally appreciate what you are saying but if someone feels threatened then who do you suggest they report this to?

All I was stating that according to my son Hom3rs sister gave him the right advice if he felt threatened in any way.
Now I have looked through the posts where did I state report the call, I think you will find that I was saying Hom3rs sister gave him the right advice if he felt threatened in any way

Also no disrespect to you.

Last edited by weenie; 03-07-2018 at 12:12.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote