View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 17:07   #2786
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: [Updated] The UK’s future relationship with the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Getting on with the trade deal...obviously.

Boris has other dedicated negotiators and planners dealing exclusively with the EU trade negotiations. I would remind you that both the EU and Britain want a no tariff trade deal. We can meet all of the EU standards for goods we export to them, and vice versa. That is one very good reason why we don't need seven or eleven years or more to negotiate it.

I am not rehashing a Brexit debate. I'm explaining that a trade deal does not have to be postponed because of coronavirus. As usual, you are putting forward problems which either don't exist, or at least are straight forward enough for the government to overcome.
Of course it doesn't have to postpone trade negotiations - but it does have to slow them down. You completely underestimate the extent of Civil Service wide resource being thrown into Coronavirus and the number of sectors that focus is on Coronavirus only. It's a matter of life and death to tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of our citizens.

I am absolutely flabbergasted that you claim Coronavirus "doesn't exist" or is "straight forward". How many people have to die, or who has to die, before you accept this isn't "just the flu".