View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 00:52   #6926
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Cough...:

"The prospect of Amazon mounting a major challenge to Sky and BT at the next multibillion pound Premier League rights auction has increased, after the streaming of 10 top-flight English matches attracted a record number of sign-ups to the retailer’s Prime service."

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...o-amazon-prime

No doubt some will still argue that Amazon or other streamers would never bid for premium sports rights,and they still might not, but after this, I bet they will. As I said several weeks ago, this is a test, Amazon dipping their toes in the water. If they do bid for UKTV rights in the future, then the next step after that, would be global ones as I said before.
Highlighting for the benefit of the audience the straw man.

There’re a world apart from Amazon and their bargain bucket rights, those that didn’t meet the reserve price in the first round, and going up against meaningful rights won by a Sky or BT.

December is a good month for Prime.