View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 23:09   #6925
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Cough...:

"The prospect of Amazon mounting a major challenge to Sky and BT at the next multibillion pound Premier League rights auction has increased, after the streaming of 10 top-flight English matches attracted a record number of sign-ups to the retailer’s Prime service."

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...o-amazon-prime

No doubt some will still argue that Amazon or other streamers would never bid for premium sports rights, and they still might not, but after this, I bet they will. As I said several weeks ago, this is a test, Amazon dipping their toes in the water. If they do bid for UKTV rights in the future, then the next step after that, would be global ones as I said before.
Most of the new subscribers will be using the free 30 day trial offer, which covers both rounds of Amazons rights - presumably some will retain their subs thru lethargy. But I suspect the vast majority will cancel after the footie coverage finishes - obviously the added bonus is the prime benefits in the runup to Christmas