View Single Post
Old 17-02-2018, 12:22   #54
Mr Banana

Re: Florida Shooting: 17 Students Shot dead in another Mass Shooting in the U.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Because the past is relevant, that’s why.

Then in that case all past Presidents have as well. There has been such massacres and atrocities under them, when they and congress should have acted but didn’t, but hey ho, carry on bashing Trump because I get that you can’t stand him. But stop being a hypocrite while doing it.

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

The law actually wasn’t that great at all and better than nothing. I’ve said earlier on, the law would not have stopped the Florida shooter.

There is Two main criteria but there is a handful of wide ranging mental health conditions, some that does not mean a person lacks capacity. Such a law could be considered as discriminatory and infringing on constitutional rights and civil liberties. The right to bear arms.
Mick, you are missing my point due to your love of trump. Of course all past presidents could have done something to change the law but my point is that the republicans have been heavily financially supported by the NRA for a long time and they should take a long hard looks at themselves when incidents like this occur.