View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 19:15   #1865
RizzyKing

Re: Brexit discussion

I'm not offended or overly bothered to be honest my skin is thicker then that a quality that seems to be dying out. I had my reasons for voting leave which apart from week 1 which set the standard i never bothered watching the news and thus avoided the complete embarassment that was the referendum campaign of both sides. I am tired of the constant attempts by some to paint leave voters as being influenced by a red bus and other ridiculous things while never accepting that people were swayed by some of the silliness of the remain campaign.

I have no problem with people on the remain side not being happy about the result and if they want another referendum in thirty years I'll support it assuming the EU still exists so democracy can have it's say. I'd just like the constant calls for an immediate rerun and constant attempts to undermine the democratic decision to stop for now and let things settle down. I'd also like some action taken against the media be they supposedly remain or leave leaning as they have played a big part in creating and maintaining the division but that won't happen.

A quick google showed that apparently there is a political party called britain first though from the quick snippets i saw they are just the knuckle dragging bnp under another name and it's easy for me to believe that coward who killed jo cox was a member.