View Single Post
Old 22-04-2020, 17:46   #349
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Changes on the High Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
More inflammatory nonsense Old Boy.

After three weeks are over we should risk the lives of tens of thousands, if not more people, because the economy won’t cope? Any alternative thought is obviously Communist?

You are being ridiculous in the extreme to get a rise out of others. Which is a shame really, because it’s obvious to everyone else that the role of Government is to support people through difficulty.

The real risk to your ideology is that they actually do it I suppose and years of “there’s no magic money tree” goes out the window. There is a magic money tree - we just don’t think the poor are worth using it on.

I suppose though, ordinary folk and small businesses are probably to small to be worthy of bailouts in your eyes, only failing banks and failing airlines?
You calling me ridiculous takes the biscuit, jfman.

How many people will fall into poverty and die if the economy collapses? Our total death toll, including coronavirus deaths, is the highest for just 20 years, it has been reported. Did we take such measures then?

Of course not. Somehow, the world's public has been scared into believing that the end is nigh. I wonder who is to blame for that? Everything these days is sensationalised, which would be amusing if it didn't have such devastating consequences.

We need to get this country running again. The sensationalists have had their fun. Now let's get on with getting people back to work, opening the schools and shops and ensuring that our public services are available again. Keep the infected and the vulnerable isolated by all means, but that is all that is required now.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote