View Single Post
Old 31-10-2012, 08:33   #28
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
I disagree they were family movies
Here's a good piece on Star Wars Childrens movie angle

http://www.scope.nottingham.ac.uk/re...apter.php?id=9

---------- Post added at 08:33 ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
As usual you have entirely failed to see my point.I dislike the way SF is handled by Hollywood as only being for children..and only aiming for the lowest common denominator..This is shown by the way we get 'trilogies' and prequels and franchising of what once was a very good premise.

Another example of an excellent SF film is the Andromeda Strain..again devoid of overpowering FX..mainly because at the time of it's making there was a nice lack of FX. I'm just wanting a well written thoughtful SF film that truly explores the human mind/condition which is what SF can do very well without the whizzbang effects much of today's SF films..

Also it wasn't me who was talking about gritty films.But practically all the SF coming out of Hollywood is just plain mush for undemanding minds.
Well in a thread about Star Wars, which is basically a fairy tale aimed at kids, I think your point is misplaced.