View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 22:11   #2999
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I find it very strange that Eurosport 3,4 and 5HD will be on Virgin and BT but not on Sky. Does anyone know the real reason for this?

I think they will get a lot of complaints from those of their subscribers who are sports fans.
Can't say for sure however seen reports this evening that whilst the channels won't appear on SKY all the events broadcast on the pop up channels will be available on demand / catch up on SKY. It's possible SKY have been offered the channels at a price but SKY feel the combination of coverage from the BBC, Eurosport 1 & 2 plus on demand is sufficient. Another key factor could be the fact that around 70% of the live events take place between midnight and 8am. SKY know their audience pretty well. It's possible they know there will be little appetite from the majority of their subscription base to stay up through the night to watch the events. Maybe they figured people are going to record content and watch it in the morning. If that's the case customers can watch the pop up channel content on demand / catch up instead.

I'm just sumising. Certainly seen nothing to suggest the channels have been withheld.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote