Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 17:57   #7538
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The passport thing isn't too bad. I thinking the fact EU-wide roaming is going is the bigger issue for me, it's been so useful the last few years where you don't have to switch off a bunch of stuff on the phone, ration map usage, try and make you're in a wi-fi spot when doing anything real only to get a £60 addition to the monthly phone bill anyway
What actually happens with mobile networks will be unclear. Vodafone included some roaming prior to the EU rule coming into force, and their existing free roaming zone includes Turkey which has a Vodafone network.

As Telefonica O2 and Vodafone operate across the Eurozone I don’t think they will go back to charging. They may offer a limited data allowance instead of the full UK allowance.