Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 14:04   #300
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
Season 2 looks so much better than the first one. I just hope it holds up from the trailer as much as I enjoyed the first one it didn't grap me as much from the other trek series
There was a big change in Showrunner and production so they appear to have listened to the fans and undone some of the silly things that Simon Fuller brought in at the start of Season 1. However he was gone midway through season 1 and the latter half os the season does show a big difference from where it started.

but no with the bringing back of proper Klingons(albeit with a silly reason) and the apparent classic Klingon ships being reintroduced as well as tryig to cram in and fit it back to cannon in some ways, I appreciate their efforts but when you read some of their reasons and the excuses they are a bit lame.

For example, trying to tie back to Kahless and him cutting lock of hair and throwing it in a volcano to make the first Bat'lethm they have explained the no hair Klingons were because they were at war so shave all their hair and then grown it during war. but then they weren't at war in the start of the show so?.... but also the makeup is clearly different and facially the ridges and features are now more in line with the TNG Klingons.