View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 19:23   #9266
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Shame ICC sold out to Sky. It would of had a far bigger impact if the whole world cup had been shown on free to air TV. The whole tournament has gone under the radar apart from the avid cricket fans.
I remember the good old days home tests ruined by BBC showing tennis and racing during play, away test highlights only either at around 5pm or near midnight - in the days before Video Recorders became normal.

I seriously doubt any free-to-air channel would have devoted anything like the time sky did. I suspect the best you would have got would have been 30 mins highlights at a ridiculous time of day.

Give me sky any day. (Obviously if a free to air channel devoted the same coverage it would be better)

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The authorities of these major sports not just cricket need to start realising that as when these sports are shown on FTA they deliver much greater audiences and a much greater uptake of participation of the sport at grassroots level.

And the sport won't get anything like the financial input which props up the England men's and women's cricket teams.

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I agree. A little balance is required, and this makes perfect sense from a financial perspective, too.
I didn't think you had any interest in sports!
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote