View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 16:14   #652
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Leadership who is the next PM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

My post got deleted on some technical ground that baffles me. I can't be bothered to type it all out again. I'll just say the question about Trump making a good UK PM was ridiculous and could not have been taken seriously.
Death penalty? I and most Conservatives I know don't want it brought back.
On the multiculturalism questions, I and many of my colleagues tend to agree with the findings particularly if the birthrate of some cultures leads to a majority in the UK population in due course - a perfectly rational and mathematically solid view.
If it helps, here are your replies:

Quote:
> A survey for YouGov found that 58% of those polled think the death penalty should be allowed for certain crimes, compared with 37% who are opposed to capital punishment.

I disagree personally with the death penalty and my member colleagues I talk to are likewise minded.

> More than half of those surveyed (56%) thought Islam was "generally a threat" to the British way of life, while 22% thought it was "generally compatible".

If you project birth rate into the future and take the view that Islam does not do multiculturalism, then the fear is justified. Shock horror.

> Asked about the US president, 54% of respondents said they believed he would make a good prime minister, compared with 43% who said he would be a bad one]

An artificial question like that doesn't deserve a serious answer and prolly didn't get one.

> Two-fifths thought having people from a variety of different backgrounds in Britain has damaged society

It's entirely possible if you think about it.

> Just under half (49%) said schools should not have to teach children about LGBT relationships

So what?

A total of 51% thought most people could get a job if they tried enough

So what?

> Some 46% think fears about climate change have been exaggerated, while 45% believe warnings from scientists about the scale of the problem

That is a view. The majority did not support that position.
I have to say that knowing you from this forum, I am surprised how far these membership polling answers are away from you and the political centre ground. It could be the intake of ex-UKIP members that is skewing the results with the traditional membership losing their voice somewhat?

Back to the topic, it still begs the question on how many of the promises aimed directly at this audience will survive into Government. I personally doubt many will and that, having chosen the PM, the said membership will have little ability to change this.