View Single Post
Old 30-06-2019, 11:11   #9223
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
In the UK WWE is Sport - in the US it is Sports Entertainment.

WWE is really struggling for an audiance at present - their last PPV could only attract an in-house audience of less than 6000 and it seems nearly half those were given tickets to make up the numbers. Areas of the area had screens put up to hide the empty seats.

AEW on the otherhand sold out their August PPV in 15 minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sky decided "this just isn't worth the money anymore". Raw and Smackdown are the flagship shows and those watching have a very good idea how each part will end up as they have no decent script writers.

It looks like ITV are the winner out of the last Pro Wrestling deals.
I think with WWE you get a ton of shows to fill your many channels. That was the benefit of having wwe.

- raw which you can repeat throughout the week
- smackdown
- main event
- specials
- weekly reviews
- catch up and on demand

Its a lot of programming and sky have lost an awful lot recently. Will they have enough stuff to fill up all their channels? The other good thing about wwe is it had no off season unlike majority of sky sports programming.

I'm not sure if ITV have landed gold with AEW. The ppv last night was a bit of a mess which i'm not sure will connect with the casual viewer. Also lots of empty seats at the AEW event even though they stated they had sold out. Bit concerning they couldnt fill up the arena for their second ever show. Think its a bit too early to big up AEW at this point
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote