Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 22:20   #402
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Star Trek: Discovery

The ongoing job of rehabilitating this series and making it actual Star Trek rather than careless reimagining continues.

Tonight’s episode really felt like the real thing, the use of a botanic garden for location filming gave a real sense of connection to the production design of ST:TNG, the Caves of Mak'ala tied it to DS9 and a brief appearance by a ST:Picard era Starfleet uniform brought the continuity together and right up to date.

It looks and feels like Star Trek at last and I’m very happy. I’m really looking forward to them continuing to explore the whole human-Trill thing. I think I got something caught in my eye at the very end of the episode.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote